Welcome to Zastrow Dentistry
Thank you for your kind messages over the past month. We have been comforted and humbled by the compassionate responses we’ve received from so many of you. Now that we have been able to re-open we encourage those of you that were scheduled during our closure to reach out to us if you are interested in rescheduling. Due to the current protocols we are not able to function at full capacity so we will do our best to accommodate getting you in as soon as possible. We are truly grateful for your patience and understanding regarding scheduling and availability during this difficult time.
Your safety and health continue to be our top priority at Zastrow Dentistry. We would like to update you on our new office procedures. In addition to the OSHA, CDC and American Dental Association recommendations we continue to implement, we are taking additional precautions to protect both staff and patients from possible exposure to COVID-19. This includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Increased cleaning and sterilization of the office to include disinfecting door knobs, faucet handles, communally used I-pads, protective eyewear, waiting room surfaces, payment portals, pens, and styluses, and restrooms between each use.
- Increased use of personal protective equipment (PPE) has been calibrated to match the needs of procedural risks accordingly.
- Arrangement of staff and patient schedules to allow for social distancing protocols. Expect longer than usual appointment time to accommodate for these necessary changes.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- We expect everyone to wear a mask/face covering in our office when not being treated. If you do not have one we will supply one upon arrival.
- Overall decrease in patient/staff load at any given time.
In order to lessen exposure of COVID-19, it will be prudent to decrease the number of hygiene and exam patients that are seen each day. We ask for your flexibility when requesting the doctor you wish to see. Depending on the amount of personal protective equipment (PPE) we are able to acquire, as well as adhering to the social distancing protocols, it is possible that we may only have one doctor at a time in the office each day.
In regards to upcoming appointments, if you answer yes or suspect any of the following, please notify our staff prior to your appointment so that we may consider rescheduling:
- Have you traveled internationally in the past 15 days?
- Have you come into contact with anyone who has traveled internationally in the past 15 days?
- Have you come into contact with anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19?
- Do you currently have a cold: cough, runny nose, sore throat?
- Have you been sick in the past 14 days?
- Do you currently have a fever?
- Have you had a fever in the past 14 days?
We also ask that you let us know if you become symptomatic within 7 days after seeing us. This is important for contact tracing. We will keep your identity strictly confidential.
We will be continuously monitoring the health of our staff and they will immediately remove themselves from the office if any symptoms arise.
Additionally, we ask that you come to your appointment alone, unless the patient is a minor, in which case we ask that only one parent or caregiver accompany the minor. If someone is driving you to your appointment, we ask that they wait outside of the office until the patient is finished with their appointment.
Please know that we will continue to adapt our protocols and procedures throughout this process in order to maintain the very best care of our patients in this ever-changing time.
We thank you for your patience and continued support. We hope you continue to stay healthy and look forward to seeing everyone again very soon!
The Zastrow Dentistry team
Our Practice Philosophy:
“To provide for our patients optimum oral health, comfort, and esthetics in an environment of love and respect.”
Thank you for taking the time to visit our webpage. As a family dental practice, our office strives to provide you with high quality care from your experience at the front desk to your treatment in the dental chair. Dentists Ryan G. Zastrow, DDS or Darcy B. Rehn, DDS, have been in the Vail Valley for over 30 years and practice a full scope of general and cosmetic dentistry with expertise ranging from porcelain veneers to dental implants, crowns,bridges and dentures. We have the distinct advantage of working with an in-house laboratory technician, Gabriela Gallegos. Having a certified dental technician working in our office allows us to truly customize your restorations.
Our office is located at 275 Main Street, Suite 203, Edwards, CO.
General & Cosmetic Dentistry
General & Cosmetic Dentistry can give you a beautiful smile you’re happy to show off. Modern cosmetic dentistry techniques make it easier than ever for you to have a bright, even smile. Drs. Zastrow and Zastrow can give you the smile you want using:
Dental implants are designed to provide a foundation for replacement teeth that look, feel, and function like natural teeth. The person who has lost teeth regains the ability to eat virtually anything and can smile with confidence, knowing that teeth appear natural and that facial contours will be preserved. Dental implants are changing the way people live. With them, people are rediscovering the comfort and confidence to eat, speak, laugh and enjoy life.